Epoxy pipe relining is a good option for pipes that have pits, cracks and leaks. A great thing about epoxy pipe relining is that your pipe diameter will not be reduced by much, so you will not have flow problems. We will first clean the pipe that needs to be relined and heat it up to facilitate a good bond with the epoxy and ensure that the pipe surface is dry. We will then introduce the epoxy lining to the pipe and pump temperature controlled air into the pipes to ensure a uniform coating. Once the epoxy has dried we will pressure test the system and make sure that the lining was successful.
Valentine manufactures our own epoxies and guarantees the highest possible quality control standards. Valentine’s potable water epoxy meets or exceeds all industry standards for safety and performance. The life expectancy of the epoxy is estimated to be 100 years and has withstood the test of time for more than 40 years in Japan, and almost 25 years in the United States. Valentine is master licensee of the U.S. Navy’s patented ‘702 epoxy and lining process, and operates under two Valentine drain lining patents and seventeen industry-related patents.
Valentine is proud to offer potable water epoxy pipe lining technology to its licensees, business owners, governments and home owners. This simple but highly effective cured in place pipe restoration system completely coats the inside of your copper or galvanized pipe. The process prevents future leaks and protects your water from lead and other contaminates leached from your piping.
FORCED AIR LINING
Epoxy pipe lining technology is a simple but highly effective cured-in-place pipe restoration system that completely coats the inside of your copper or galvanized pipe.
Valentine potable epoxies are manufactured at a state of the art facility in Oshawa, Ontario. The potable epoxies are UL certifed safe for drinking water and are most
commomly used to coat domestic water systems. The epoxies have many other applications including, fire suppression systems, chiller and heating lines.
The process prevents future leaks while it protects you from lead and other contaminates leached from your piping into your water.
Mechanical lining creates a long-term, structural pipe inside the existing host pipe system, without digging or destruction to buildings or landscape. This Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP)
enables Valentine to apply this solution to a wider array of pipe types and sizes.
THE BENEFITS OF EPOXY PIPE LINING vs. TRADITIONAL RE-PIPING
- Traditional re-piping is expensive – epoxy lining is much less costly.
- The traditional method takes several days, versus only one to two days using epoxy lining.
- Traditional re-piping causes extensive damage to landscapes, hardscapes and building walls and foundations – epoxy lining causes none of this damage.
- Both methods are designed to last 50 years or more.
- Traditional re-piping creates safety issues due to the need for open trenching that can damage underground gas lines and wiring – epoxy lining creates none of these concerns.
- Traditional re-piping creates a great deal of mess due to grass displacement and dust from the required cuts into concrete – there is no mess associated with epoxy lining.
- Traditional re-piping can hurt property values due to trenching that can damage landscapes and even lead to the loss of mature trees – with epoxy lining, none of this is necessary, and this technologically-advanced process is just as reliable and permanent as the traditional method.